Simple carrot & sweet potato fritters with delicious creamy dip
- 1 brown onion, coarsely grated
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 3 carrots, coarsely grated and peeled
- 1/2 small sweet potato, coarsley grated
- 4 sprigs of spring onion, chopped
- 1 whisked egg
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1 cup (250g) natural yoghurt
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 120°C. Combine the carrot, sweet potato, onion and garlic in a bowl.
- Add the flour, egg and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon three 1/4 cupfuls of carrot/potato mixture into the pan.
- Use a spatula to flatten to 10cm discs. Cook until golden (around 2 minutes).
- Turn over and cook until cooked through (around 1 minute).
- Transfer fritters to an oven tray and place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat in 3 more batches with remaining carrot mixture.
- Combine the yoghurt, spring onion and lemon juice in a small bowl. Divide the fritters among serving plates.
- Top with yoghurt and serve immediately with lemon wedges, if desired.