Seriously Satisfying Pumpkin & Carrot Soup
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1 cm pieces
- 700g carrots, peeled and cut
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 4 cups liquid stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 210C (190C fan forced). Place pumpkin and carrot in lined pan and toss with 2 tablespoons of oil. Roast for 30 minutes or until golden and tender.
- While the vegetables roast, heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and season to taste. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring often, until soft and transparent. Add garlic, cumin and tumeric. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, carrot, stock and water. Increase heat to medium. Cover and bring to the boil before reducing heat to low. Let simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Use a hand blender to create a thick, smooth consistency. Ladle into 6 bowls and serve with a swirl of cream or yogurt and pepitas.