Butternut Pumpkin & Chicken Roast Fantasy
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 chicken thighs, diced
- 1 butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or rosemary
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of good quality olive oil
- Pinch of black pepper and salt
- ¼ cup grated parmesan or mature cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Coat the chicken thighs with olive oil, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Place in the oven to cook for 35 - 45 minutes.
- Combine the pumpkin and onion in a large bowl, coat with olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Stir through to toss all ingredients.
- Prepare a baking dish or roasting tin that measures about 23 × 33 cm. Tip the vegetables into the baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender, stirring halfway through.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the vegetables and bake for a further 5 minutes until golden.
- Serve immediately.
For even more flavour, add sweet corn!