Brilliant Banana Bread
- 2-3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 175C (155C fan forced), and grease a 4x8-inch loaf pan.
- Mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir in melted butter. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the butter into your prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a tester inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool before serving. Enjoy on its own or with your favorite nut butter!